What the Larimer County Chapter of
Royal Family KIDS Accomplished in 2020
2020 would have been the fifth year of Royal Family KIDS Camp for the Larimer County chapter. When our volunteer leadership team realized we were not going to be able to hold camp because of the pandemic, our first thoughts were, “What do we do?” And then God made his presence known. Those questioning thoughts changed quickly to, “This is what we can do.” The ideas flowed. And we made them happen.
- We delivered 62 camp kits that contained kid-safe electronic tablets loaded with programming our volunteer teams produced and Zoom capabilities for virtual small-group get-togethers, arts and crafts projects, cooking projects complete with ingredients, and more to replicate the camp experience as closely as possible.
- We delivered 62 COVID Care Packages to our kids in boxes full of toys and games to keep them occupied during the height of the quarantine.
- We treated 11 of our most vulnerable children to a Day at the Farm where they went on hayrides, made apple cider, learned about horses, completed craft projects, and spent quality time with their adult RFK mentors.
- We delivered food staples weekly to our foster families that struggled with making ends meet.
- We hosted a giant outdoor birthday party at Colorado Youth Outdoors where children in small groups got to fish, learned archery, made tie-dyed t-shirts, beat pinatas, enjoyed birthday cupcakes, and received amazing presents.
- We held a drive-up back-to-school night where 68 children received backpacks full of age-appropriate school supplies, new shoes that they had pre-selected, and a pizza dinner to take home for the family.
Our team of amazing volunteers used their talents and put in hours of time planning, organizing, and delivering meaningful experiences for children who needed them the most.
This summer, it became clearer than ever that Royal Family KIDS Larimer County is more than a summer camp for foster kids. It’s fully embracing those kids and their siblings and their families to help them heal and grow and understand just how much they are loved by God and their RFK family.
We are hoping to have camp in 2021 and additionally support the children who have been involved in our programming through mentoring, special events, and caregiver/family support.
If you are able to bless our programs again in 2021 with prayer or financial assistance, we would be grateful.
Thank you so much for your support!